Tuesday, April 14, 2009

015 Cowell Factor

This week, I find out why the music industry has hit rock bottom! They’re selling downloads at 30p!!

Here on Fame Games is a wash with talent. It’s time for me to unveil to more Fame Games stars in waiting! My pick of the week has got to be Alexx Calise! You’re probably one of the most exciting artists I’ve ever heard on Fame Games!!! Listening to your single “Out of Sight” was like listening to Kelly Clarkson, but only BETTER!

I also have to mention Detroit singer, Terry Thomas! You’re just “Mr. Soul” Terry and you have that whole LOVE thing going on! You have a brilliant voice and you know exactly what you’re doing with it!

A quick shout-out to the band All Day Sucker, thanks for your email! You asked me if I know anyone on the inside at American Idol? Well, not anymore I don’t. It’s no longer called Idol, it’s called the Adam Lambert show!

How many people get a standing ovation from Simon? Well…Adam did! But the last person Simon stood up for was the Queen, so what does that say? I bet the other contestants really love Adam….NOT!

And just when you think things couldn’t get any worse, former Idol minx Kellie Pickler return to the show to remind us that she still has the hots for Simon!

And here’s my Idol scoop: Next week’s theme is music from the movies. Quentin Tarantino will mentor?! But how can someone who doesn’t sing mentor? But…Jennifer Hudson and Miley Cyrus will perform!

So the giant retailer Amazon slashed the price of downloads to 30p. No wonder the music business is on its butt!! Isn’t just devaluing music?

How would YOU feel about selling a song that took you months to write for just 30p?? So what are you going to do? I want to know what you’re gonna do. Email me tony@famegamesradio.com and give me your opinion!!

Here’s another tip, author Bob Baker has written a brilliant book called the Guerrilla Music Handbook. It’s full of tips on how to market yourself as an Indie artist!
http://www.bob-baker.com/buzz/music_marketing.htm

To listen hear what else I had to say this week, listen to the full podcast!

The Cowell Factor

If you've only got ONE shot at FAME you might as well get it right!!

No comments:

Post a Comment